Dear Richland American Legion Post 548 officers and Executive Committee members,
I want to sincerely THANK YOU for your efforts, sacrifices and courage to comply/overcome the adversity of COVID-19 restrictions to help make the annual Memorial Day ceremony (2020) in Richland Park another success!
Without all your help and dedication, the Richland Post 548 Community Memorial Day Ceremony simply does not happen!
Memorial Day video: https://youtu.be/3lrfEcAEsmA
- For the first time ever, Post 548 used an FM transmitter to broadcast the service on 88.1 radio.
- About 35 cars were in attendance at the ceremony and listened to the service "drive-in movie" style. including 1 Humvee from the 301st RSG (Butler) and 1 antique military jeep from Gibsonia.
- About 40 motorcycles were in attendance from Zelienople Legion Post 474, both from the Legion Riders and the Patriot Guard Riders
- About 25 chairs were set up and used for participants and family (socially distanced),
- One large canopy was provided for water relief (hydration station).
- Fifteen Post 548 members were in uniform and participated directly in the ceremony.
- Several more Post 548 members provided “boots on the ground” support from their vehicles.
- The parade elements and picnic were both canceled this year due to COVID-19.
- Very popular again this year was the bagpiper (Emily Trimpey), the Mars Rovers (USAF veterans) Quartet (recorded), and of course the Richland Post 548 MMDay honor guard and bugler.
To all the MMDay ceremony presenters – you looked professional and sounded excellent!
The video of the MMDay ceremony/video is now COMPLETE and provided below for your viewing. https://youtu.be/3lrfEcAEsmA
THANK YOU again for stepping up to host Memorial Day for the community! Especially during a year when most posts canceled their MMDay services due to COVID-19, Richland Post 548 creatively and courageously “persevered” to host a MMDay for the families of the deceased and the community at large! Without your volunteerism and commitment to Richland Legion Post 548, Memorial Day 2020 would NOT have been remembered!
Bob Schleiden, commander, Richland Post 548
Memorial Day Committee Chair
Bakerstown, PA. 15007