Luther B. Easley Post 128 in Salem, Ill., purchased a new building near the end of 2016. It is the old C&EI Railroad Depot in town. It was constructed in 1910 and served as a depot for years. We even have a few active members who are retired railroaders who worked out of the building early in their careers. In the '90s it was renovated into a restaurant/lounge with no expenses spared. After a few owner changes, it closed and sat empty for a few years. After spending a few years without a building, Post 128 was able to purchase the depot and it was opened in October 2016. All restaurant/bar equipment and seating was obtained in the purchase, so it was a turnkey operation for the Legion. In a short time it has become a destination in Salem to eat and many of the volunteer cook fish fries, chicken dinners and so on. We serve lunch daily and have an active, busy bar. Due to the beauty and historic nature of the building, it has become a meeting place for local businesses for meetings, bridal/baby showers, birthday parties and other events. Although it has been decorated with military pride, we have left some of the railroad theme due to the nature of the building and the history of the railroad in our town. A replica of the General Lee train, a Confederate train captured by the Union, is on display out front. Post 128 is proudly the home of the GI Bill of Rights. It was drafted in Salem and signed by President Roosevelt. The table it was drafted on is on display in our building most of the time. We are proud to mold local history with the history of the hometown Legion post.