SAN ANTONIO – (March 20, 2023) – The leadership of Fred Brock American Legion Post No. 828, joined by senior military leaders of Joint Base San Antonio, attended the annual Military Ambassadors Reception held at The Witte Museum.
The event was hosted by the Military-Civilian Club of San Antonio and the Military-Civilian Charitable Foundation whose purpose is to foster patriotism and the integration of the military and civilian communities within the San Antonio area, to provide scholarships for children of active or retired military personnel, to support organizations that assist military personnel and their families, to support the Military Ambassador Program, and to raise the positive profile of military service in Texas.
Delivering remarks were U.S. Army North Commanding General Lt. Gen. John R. Evans Jr., USAA Senior Vice President Retired Vice Adm. John Byrd, King Antonio C Clyde Johnson IV, and King Rey Feo LXXIV Laurence Kurth.
Military ambassadors represent their service at events throughout the local community with San Antonio's Fiesta being the highlight of the program. The program promotes the military’s commitment and relationship with the local communities around the installation.
The following are the military ambassadors representing their branch of service for 2023:
• Sgt. 1st Class Mario Matamoros (Pharmacy)
• Spc. Isabella Garcia (Cryptologic Linguist)
U.S. Marine Corps:
• Sgt. Ashton Leach (Cryptologic Linguist)
• Cpl. Sky Fortune (Cryptologic Linguist)
• Petty Officer 1st Class Joseph Bice (Medical Laboratory Technician Instructor)
• Petty Officer 1st Class Jesse Soto (Master-at-Arms)
U.S. Air Force:
• Tech. Sgt. Vicente Velazquez (Systems & Infrastructure Branch Chief)
• Staff Sgt. Kayla Serrano (Security Forces Training Instructor)
U.S. Coast Guard:
• Petty Officer 1st Class Andrea Parker (Yeoman)
• Petty Officer 2nd Class Rafael Gomez-Negron (Intelligence Specialist)
“These young men and women represent the best of us in Military City USA,” said Post Commander Burrell Parmer of Fred Brock American Legion Post No. 828. “It was a pleasure to meet them, shake their hands, and tell them how proud we all
are of them to be selected for such a high honor.”
Fred Brock Post No. 828’s mission is to enhance the well-being of San Antonio’s veterans, their families, the military, and the community by its devotion to mutual helpfulness.