We commemorate Dec. 7 as Pearl Harbor Day. But for 80-year-old United States Navy veteran Robert Ardoin of Comfort, Texas, Dec. 7, 2020, was the day he lost everything to a house fire caused by a fuel leak for a home heater. His home, all his possessions and his two precious Labrador retrievers were lost in the fire. Robert received help with clothing and furniture from the Comfort community. However, Robert needed help with cleaning the debris caused by the fire from his property in preparation of getting a new mobile home. His insurance would not cover the full cost of the debris removal. Although Robert is not an American Legion member, Capt. Mark “Tyler” Voss (CMTV) Post 313 Commander Don Gray heard of the tragedy and sent out the call to help fellow veteran. The day after the call for help, a CMTV Post 313 Legionnaire, who wished to remain anonymous, volunteered his equipment and labor to help Robert and completed the debris removal required so Robert could get his new home. The first pillar of The American Legion, Veterans Affairs & Rehabilitation, does not say that in volunteering to help a veteran they must be a member of the Legion. CMTV Post 313 was grateful and honored to be able to serve a veteran in need.