Past Commander Michael Shepard worked on getting a new flagpole. The acreage being used is way past the flag done in the early 1900's when the CSA Vets were living in the home. Shepard found donors; Retired B.G. James Higgins, USAF, and the Vets Home Foundation. BG Higgins through AARP bought the 40 foot flagpole and the Foundation did the solar lighting. Shepard prepped the caisson, his buddies helped place it, and LHC, a local concrete supplier, donated the mud. We set the pole with a donated boom truck from Columbia Constructiuon. and the pictures tell the tales. We honored the hallowed ground with a dedication on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend.