“The Wall is a richly illustrated visual story of America’s struggles for freedom, a visual walk through our country’s history and our fight to be free. Our goal is to capture and preserve the spirit, the sacrifices and rich history of the American people. We do this by honoring those men and women in uniformed service who have and are currently serving and protecting our way of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness both here and abroad.” (Quotation excerpted courtesy of Stanley A. Kober from www.spiritofamericasstory.com).
Highlights and schedule of the event were as follows:
• Local, County, State, Elected Officials and military personnel scheduled for Opening (4:00 p.m. November 12, 2018) and Closing Ceremonies (4:00 p.m. November 18, 2018);
• Local and military color guards, Civil War Re-Enactors and Choral groups scheduled for Opening Ceremony (4:00 p.m. November 12, 2018) and Closing Ceremony (4:00 p.m. November 18, 2018);
• Renowned singer scheduled for Opening Ceremony at 4:00 p.m. on Monday November 12, 2018;
• Military firing detail scheduled for Closing Ceremony at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday November 18, 2018;
• Special Speakers Monday through Saturday nights at 7:00 p.m. speaking about Civil War, Revolutionary War, Vietnam War, WWI, and Perspective on Service;
• Tours for individual attendees daily on the hour from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.;
• Student group/class attendance scheduled by calling 201-666-1883 or e-mailing AmericaSpiritTheWall@gmail.com;
• Senior Citizens’ Day on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 (for group attendance e-mail AmericaSpiritTheWall@gmail.com or call 201-666-1883);
• Special Timeline Chart of Bergen County Battles and Skirmishes in the Revolutionary War 1776 to 1781 displayed all week;
• WWI slide movie endorsed by NJ WWI Centennial Commission presented daily 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.