On 17 August 1967, after many years of being home ported in Honolulu, Hawaii the 180 foot U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Basswood set sail for her new home port on Guam in the Marianas Islands. With this sailing she would begin a fifteen month odyssey across the Pacific Ocean and into the Philippine and South China Seas.
During her travels she would unleash sixty fun loving, frolicking, fornicating, fighting, young Coasties on forty-seven Pacific Islands and five Asian Nations. Young, tough, kids from all parts of the U.S. many of whom were away from home for the first time. They worked hard and they played hard as they crossed the 180th Meridian, became Golden Dragons and went on to discover the mysteries of Asia and the Far East.
This epic voyage would take them to the hooker bars and short time hotels of Olongapo in the Philippines. The Vietcong infested bays and rivers of Vietnam and the vaunted Namenoue Red Light District in Naha, Okinawa. They would look in wonder at the temples of Bangkok, Thailand and explore the back streets of Keelung Harbor in Taiwan. Then they would sail to islands in the Pacific so remote that they have been virtually untouched by modern civilization.
Travel along with Doc Wilson and Guns Gunderson. Share the adventure as Doc and Guns and their rowdy shipmates experience the rigors of going to sea on a small ship and as they enjoy the pleasure of wild Pacific Island girls and porcelain skinned Asian beauties. And when they lose one of their own, discover the fortunes of war.
Here are the best ways to order Realm of the Golden Dragon.
1. Login to www.pocolpress.com and order via PayPal or by check.
2. Cut-and-paste the following text into your browser to order.
3. Login to Amazon.com and order. Type in "Realm of the Golden Dragon"
4. Go to my website at www.cd-williams.com. click on books then click book cover
5. For signed copies you may contact me at my email: email@example.com
6. The book also comes in Kindle eBook format. Go to Amazon.com